There are many Minimap options for Minecraft but few are as clean as Xaero’s. It has a very clean interface and blends well with the overall Minecraft aesthetic. You can set waypoints manually and even deathpoints will be created automatically if you die. Overall it’s very customizable to suit your needs.
- Works both above and under ground.
- Cave maps.
- Displays mobs on the map as yellow dots.
- Displays players on the map as white dots.
- Displays items on the map as red dots.
- Displays all the other entities such as arrows and item frames as purple dots (Different types of entities can be disabled in mod settings).
- Zoom in and out keybinds (I and O).
- Configurable settings. From minimap size to entity amount.
- Edit mode which lets you move the minimap whereever you desire.
- Compatible with the Better PVP Plugin for Bukkit servers.
How to install Xaero’s Minimap Mod:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- Enjoy the mod.
Xaero’s Minimap Mod Download Links:
For 1.7.10: Xaeros-Minimap-Mod-1.7.10
For 1.8: Xaeros-Minimap-Mod-1.8
For 1.8.8: Xaeros-Minimap-Mod-1.8.8.jar – 196 KB
For 1.8.9: Xaeros-Minimap-Mod-1.8.9.jar – 200 KB
For 1.9: Xaeros-Minimap-Mod-1.9.jar – 207 KB
For Minecraft 1.9.4/1.10.0: Xaeros-Minimap-Mod-1.9.4.jar – 214 KB
For Minecraft 1.10.2: Xaeros-Minimap-Mod-1.10.2.jar – 219 KB