Village Names Mod for Minecarft 1.11.2 Mods patches up a shortcoming that nobody else has addressed.
Whenever a village is generated, it also generates a sign nearby the well: An option in the configs changes the well’s rim to slabs so that villagers and players won’t get stuck inside.
Anyway, that sign shows a randomly generated name for the village:
Whenever you interact with a villager (i.e., open the trading GUI), the villager will reveal its name to you:
The village’s sign can be broken, or may accidentally not generate; or you may install this mod after a village has generated, but this mod has no retrogen. In any of these cases you might think that affected villages won’t have names. But don’t worry:
How to install Village Names Mod:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Click on the Start Menu in Windows.
- Type run into the search box, and select the Run program at the top of the results.
- Type %appdata% into the Run program, and press Enter.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.
Village Names Mod Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.7.10: Village-Names-Mod-1.7.10.jar – 60 KB
For Minecraft 1.8.9: Village-Names-Mod-1.8.9.jar – 63 KB
For Minecraft 1.9.4: Village-Names-Mod-1.9.4.jar – 63 KB
For Minecraft 1.10.2: Village-Names-Mod-1.10.2.jar – 63 KB
For Minecraft 1.11.2: Village-Names-Mod-1.11.2.jar – 63 KB