What does mod do?
The Useful Pets Mod allows you to level up pets and give them cool abilities!
- Left click a pet you have tamed with the Pet Wand to convert them.
- Left click the pet while holding the Pet Wand attempts a level up.
- Right click the pet while sneaking to open the inventory/skill tree.
- Right click the pet with any other item to make them sit/stand.
- Right click otherwise with the Mountable skill and a saddle in the saddle slot to mount the pet.
- Dogs can eat beef and pork.
- Cats can eat chicken and fish.
- Pigs can eat carrots.
- Pet Wand crafted with a torch made of bones and gold nuggets. You get one when you log into a world for the first time though.
- Pet claws are found as dungeon loot, just like saddles. However, in the config file you can enable a recipe for them, and for saddles.
Semi-old screenshot of the skill tree.
New fancy stat rendering. Naming your pet will actually show up now.
How to install Useful (Battle) Pets Mod:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download and install SpaceCore.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.
Useful (Battle) Pets Mod Download Links:
For 1.6.4: Useful-Pets-Mod-1.6.4.zip – 130 KB
For 1.7.2: Useful-Pets-Mod-1.7.2.zip – 136 KB
For 1.7.10: Useful-Pets-Mod-1.7.10.jar – 160 KB