Multi-Drills are effective on anything a pickaxe or shovel would be able to mine. With a cheap upgrade, they can also work on wooden materials. They also make a good melee weapon. All customization is done with ordinary crafting.
Super Multi-Drills Mod adds customizable RF-powered drills that can mine anything a pickaxe or shovel can. It can even mine wooden blocks, if you want it to.
By default, the energy consumption when mining a block depends on the hardness of the block, the drill head material, and the level of the Efficiency enchantment on the drill. The formula can be changed in the config file. There are also some unused variables, such as the level of Silk Touch and Fortune. The config file contains a full list of variables you can use.
Drills require four components to craft: a head, a motor, a battery, and a chassis. There are recipes that use components from a couple of different mods, with fallback vanilla recipes if no compatible mods are detected.
- Head – Affects mining speed, energy efficiency, and attack damage. Can be made from a wide variety of metals and gems.
- Motor – Affects the harvest level and mining speed. There are three tiers, with the harvest level and mining speed multiplier of each being configurable.
- Battery – Affects the energy capacity (configurable, five tiers). Charge level is retained when crafting.
- Chassis – No effects, just pick your favorite color!
- Craft an existing drill with new parts to swap them out. The old parts are even returned to you! Maybe you could carry a spare battery?
- Use the material of a drill head (such as an ingot or gem) to change the appearance of the head without changing its stats.
- Use dyes to change to chassis color without crafting a new chassis.
- Drill Upgrades add additional effects, usually enchantments. The Saw upgrade allows your drill to harvest anything an axe can, in addition to what it can normally mine. Area Miner allows you to mine a 3×3 area (disabled by sneaking). The Graviton Generator will eliminate the mining speed penalty for flying or being underwater.
This mod uses parts from certain other mods in its recipes. If any compatible mods are found, matching recipes are added for each mod. Vanilla recipes are only added if necessary. How well balanced the recipes are varies.
- Fun Ores (1.8.9+) – Expensive, but balanced. It’s a tool that never breaks and can mine anything, what do you expect? Liberally uses plates and gears in recipes. Also adds a redstone alloy that can be made in the alloy smelter. Mod integration is fun!
- Ender IO (1.7.10, 1.9.4+) – A bit cheaper than Thermal Foundation due to a lack of gears, but reasonably balanced.
- Thermal Foundation (1.7.10 only) – Somewhat well balanced, the cost of components range from cheap to reasonable.
- Mekanism (1.7.10 only) – Not well tested, probably too cheap.
- Vanilla Fallback – If none of the above mods are present, the vanilla fallback recipes are used. Not tested and not recommended.
How to install Super Multi-Drills Mod:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download and install Silent Lib.
- Download the mod.
- Click on the Start Menu in Windows.
- Type run into the search box, and select the Run program at the top of the results.
- Type %appdata% into the Run program, and press Enter.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.
Super Multi-Drills Mod Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.7.10: Super-Multi-Drills-Mod-1.7.10.jar – 233 KB
For Minecraft 1.8.9: Super-Multi-Drills-Mod-1.8.9.jar – 295 KB
For Minecraft 1.10.2: Super-Multi-Drills-Mod-1.10.2.jar – 312 KB