What is Spindle?
Do you remember that one time when you and your friends compete on the best pixel art? Or the time when you were a server admin looking for ways to entertain your players? Now you can do just that. Spindle is a mod that allows you to create pixel art from a URL, be it an external (http://) or internal (file://) one. The mod is also fully functional when installed on the server alongside the client, allowing certain players to use this mod outside singleplayer mode.
There is only one item added with this mod, a paintbrush. It is located in the Tools tab of the creative menu.
To use the paintbrush, simply right click while pointing on a block. The block does not need to be in range, you can right click any block up to 256 blocks away. A gui will appear, where you can enter any URL. Enter an URL, and then click Paint, or slam your enter key.
Your pixel art has spawned, centered horizontally from where you’re pointing at, and going upwards. Simple as that.
How to install Spindle Mod:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Click on the Start Menu in Windows.
- Type run into the search box, and select the Run program at the top of the results.
- Type %appdata% into the Run program, and press Enter.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.
More Information and Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.10.2: Spindle-1.10.2-1.0.jar – 18 KB