Simply Jetpacks Mod is a small mod that adds Redstone Flux-powered jetpacks to the game. If you don’t know what Redstone Flux, or RF is, it’s a power system that is used by Thermal Expansion, and some other mods as well. This mod is an addon to Thermal Expansion.
This mod adds six different jetpacks.
- The Leadstone Jetpack is a low-tier, cheap jetpack that is available early-game. It is not very fast, and doesn’t last very long. Still, it’s better than no flight.
- The Hardened Jetpack is an upgrade on the Leadstone Jetpack. It is slightly faster and lasts a bit longer than the previous tier. It’s available soon after the Leadstone Jetpack.
- The Reinforced Jetpack is a significant improvement on the last two tiers. It flies a lot faster and lasts quite a bit longer. The flight is also a lot easier to control.
- The Resonant Jetpack is the best jetpack available in survival mode. It is even faster than the Reinforced Jetpack, lasts for a very long time before needing a recharge and is very easy to control, to a point that it could be considered close to creative flight.
- The Creative Jetpack is, as it name suggests, only available in creative mode. It has stats similar to the Resonant Jetpack, but it will never run out of power.
- The Tuberous Jetpack is a makeshift potato-powered jetpack. It’s cheaper than the Leadstone Jetpack. It’s completely safe, I promise. Try it out!
- Upgrading – Jetpacks can be upgraded to get higher tier jetpacks. Any stored energy, enchantments, custom names or other things will be saved when doing this.
- Hover Mode – Jetpacks have two modes of operation: default mode and hover mode. In default mode, they make the user fly upwards fast and allow the user to freefall. In hover mode, the user flies upward more slowly and also slowly descends. Higher tier jetpacks descend more slowly. By sneaking, the user may descend faster in that case.
- Armor – Jetpacks may be armored using Armor Plating items. Please read the jetpacks’ tooltips to see what type of Armor Plating fits on which jetpack. It will also tell you how to apply the Armor Plating to the jetpacks. Higher tier jetpacks require more expensive materials for their armor, but also have better protection values.
- Particles – It is possible to change what particle type a jetpack emits. Simply create a Particle Customizer and put them below a jetpack in a crafting grid. Currently there are four possible particle types: default (flames and smoke), no particles, smoke only and rainbow smoke.
- HUD – When worn, jetpacks show a small HUD on-screen. It will tell you the amount of power that the jetpack currently has stored.
- Safety – Higher tier jetpacks will save their users from falling to their death. By default, the Reinforced Jetpack and anything better than that can do this. The same jetpacks will also save their users from falling into the void. Note that lower tier jetpacks will NOT do this by default!
- Particles – Jetpack particles can be disabled as a whole on the client. This option is for people that might find them annoying or have poor computers.
- Enchantability – By default, only the higher tier jetpacks are enchantable. This can be changed to allow or disallow jetpacks from being enchantable. The amount of enchantability that jetpacks have is also configurable.
- Crafting – Armor Plating can be disabled if they are considered overpowered. The Tuberous Jetpack can also be disabled.
- HUD – The jetpack HUD can be changed to be bigger or smaller or to contain more or less information. The position on-screen is also completely configurable. The HUD can also just be disabled as a whole.
- Tuning – Jetpack stats of all the jetpacks are freely configurable if you are not satisfied with the defaults.
- Safety – The safety features can be enabled or disabled for the different tiers of jetpacks.
- The F key lets you turn a worn jetpack on or off.
- The C key lets you turn hover mode on a worn jetpack on or off.
- Jumping lets you fly with a jetpack when it is active.
- Sneaking lets you descend faster with jetpacks that have a very slow descent in hover mode.
- All of these controls can be changed in Minecraft’s controls screen.
How to install Simply Jetpacks Mod:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download and install CoFH Core.
- Download and install Thermal Expansion Mod.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.