This mod adds some adventure to vanilla Minecraft. Various different types of treasure chests are randomly buried throughout the Minecraft world. The chests require different types of keys to open them. The more rare the chest, the better the loot. You can locate an area where a treasure chest is buried by finding and digging under a graveyard. There also are treasure chests in sunken ships. As well, there are rare Wishing Wells generated in the realm. Note that chests, wishing wells and sunken ships are meant to be rare finds, along the lines of pyramids and villages, however, the spawn settings can be customized from the config file.
A sunken ship!
A Treasure chest in a graveyard.
Discovering the entrance shaft to a Treasure chest.
Iron Key Recipe
Gold Key Recipe
Pirate Key Recipe
Skeleton Key Recipe
How to install SGS Treasure Mod:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Unzip the .zip file
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop all files and folder into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.
- Delete old versions of Treasure before install new version.
- Delete old sgs_treasure.cfg from ../.minecraft/config.
- If you have sub-directories under your mods directory, sgs_treasure! needs to go in the parent mods directory. Otherwise files will not be found and errors and a bad experience will occur.
- Vanilla chests don’t play well with Treasure! chests. Placing one beside a Treasure! chest will create an overlapping rendered chest with separate inventories. Placing a Treasure! chest beside a vanilla chest, works as intended.
- Still working on more text for the pirate journals.