Rei’s Minimap Mod for Minecraft 1.8.8 is one of the useful modification which enhances your gaming experience. Rei’s Minimap Mod adds a highly customizable mini-map like in those MMO games (GuildWars, LoL etc). It helps you easily navigate through locations, travel distances and stay away from mobs, animals or other non player characters. This map is very much configurable, you can set way points, change transparency, add new objects according to your needs. It is also compatible with various map visibility mods. The latest version of Rei’s Minimap currently supports 1.8.8 and 1.7.10
- Fast processing
- Beautiful map rendering:
- Expression of semitransparent blocks
- Bump-map expression of height
- Expression of dynamically changing lighting
- Automatically generate the block colors from your texturepack
- Biome color
- Entities radar
- Cave mapping
- Waypoints (Can not teleport)
- Ingame keyconfig
- ZanMinimap frame appearance
- Indication of slime spawning chunks
Its best feature is where it helps guide through a number of locations, travel across long distances and steer clear of gangs, dangerous animals and other unsavoury characters that are designed to interrupt the smooth playing experience.
The map can be configured by setting out things like way points, alter the transparency and add in new objects as you see fit. Moreover, it is compatible with various map visibility mods.
Rei’s Minimap Mod for Minecraft has many features including an ability to quickly process commands, show exquisite map rendering, express semi-transparent blocks and use a bump map expression of height; this is where you can alter the map’s display to give it a tilt effect.
Rei’s Minimap Mod review:
The features of Rei’s Minimap Mod for Minecraft also includes cave mapping, biome colouring, entities radar implementation and the feature where you can automatically generate block colours from your texture pack. The features also have an ability to express the way the light so dynamically changes, create those way points, indicate where slime spawning chunks occur and you can change key configurations while playing the game.
- You can also set waypoints and remember deathpoints. By pressing the (by default) “.” or “~” key, you can view a list of options. Macs may have issues. You can easily edit the keys from the config folder or in-game in the menu.
- To do this on a Mac, go to Mac HD > Users > Username > Library > Application Support > Minecraft > mods > rei_minimap > keyconfig.txt. You can find the menu hotkey and set it to whatever key you want.
How to install Rei’s Minimap Mod:
- Download and Install Minecraft Forge
- Download the REI’s Minimap Mod zip file from the link above.
- Go to Start Menu > Run > Type %appdata%/.minecraft/ and press ENTER.
- Open Mods folder, move the mod zip file there that you downloaded in Step 2.
- Close everything, Run Minecraft to check!