Plans API provides modders a very flexible API to include in their own mods that allows them to customize the generation of instant structures. Plans uses a rules-based engine to generate Minecraft structures. A JSON file (*.plan.json), called a Plan contains all the properties and rules used to construct a particular structure. The Plan file can be very simple and straight-forward to a very complex set of Plans that substitutes blocks, adds support rules, connectors, conditions, spawners and chests.
- Rules-based generation
- Easy to read and modify JSON files
- Caching System for quicker access and rendering
- In-memory Database for Plan grouping and categorizations. No more need for complex directories to organize files.
- Build Sets! Group Plans together to form larger structures. Swap components or use the same component multiple times.
- Structural Support Rules. Blocks can be set to either provide support or require support or both. If the block doesn’t receive enough support, it is not built. Great for creating ruins and/or dungeons.
- Conditional Rules. Block construction if based on conditions of existing world blocks. Ex. If world block is water, build stone brick, else don’t build block at all.
How to install Plans API:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.
Plans API Download Links:
For 1.8: Plans-API-1.8.jar – 1.6 MB