Realistic lighting with vanilla textures or any other pack, a perfect alternative to shaders if your machine just can’t handle them! Pixel Reality Resource Pack is independent from MC versions, that is, as long as MCPatcher doesn’t change drastically, this pack should work with any version of Minecraft.
It includes 2 alternative packs (open the .zip and read the READ ME.txt file):
PR LUMINANCE – FULL:
This version is included in the Pixel Reality resource pack and is intended to heavily influence the gameplay, making the game more difficult.
Realistic shading and colors but with weaker light sources and darker shadows, being pitch black at light level 0 regardless of your Brightness settings. Night vision is hampered by strong light and heat sources (including the sun) making your vision actually worse at day and in the Nether. The End is very dark and even light sources are very dim; Night Vision is a life saver here.
PR LUMINANCE – LIGHT:
Realistic shading but with basically vanilla colors and light levels. Use this if you don’t like reddish torch light and other big changes to visuals.
How to install Pixel Reality Resource Pack:
- Make sure your Minecraft is updated to 1.6 or higher
- Download the resource pack and put it somewhere easily accessible (Desktop)
- Open up your .minecraft from Run > %appdata% > .minecraft
- Open the resource pack folder which is inside the .minecraft
- Then just drag and drop your resource pack to this resource pack folder
- Close everything and enjoy!
Pixel Reality Resource Pack Download Links:
for Minecraft 1.7.X and 1.6.X: Pixel-Reality-1.7.zip – 3.3 MB
for Minecraft 1.10.X: PR-Luminance-1.10.zip – 82 KB