What is OptiLeaves?
This is a small, but useful performance increasing mod called OptiLeaves. It changes leaves so they are rendered in a faster, much more efficient way. Depending on your system, it can might be able to significantly boost your framerate!
Here is a comparison between Vanilla Fancy leaves and OptiLeaves:
OptiLeaves Disabled: (A sluggy 8 FPS when in Normal Render distance)
OptiLeaves Enabled: (Same settings, plus OptiLeaves, 21 FPS. Not bad considering the last one was 8 FPS!)
Usually, I also use Optifine and run it on Short graphics without any fog, usually I can get a nice 40-60 FPS when I use the mod! If you’ve ever looked inside a tree on Fancy graphics you’ll notice that there is a lot of unnecessary leave block faces rendering inside it. This is incredibly wasteful, and slows down your game. OptiLeaves removes this. Here is a tree close up with OptiLeaves on:
If you take a look, you’ll see how it appears more empty inside. Usually you won’t notice it unless you look right inside of it while playing, but it really helps Minecraft perform better.
This should be compatible with any mod that doesn’t modify the BlockLeaves class (aow.class in Minecraft 1.6.2). This is 100% compatible with OptiFine as well, and having these both is an awesome combo of mods
How to install OptiLeaves Mod:
- Perform any backup procedures if you’d like
- Open your versions folder
- Find the moddable minecraft version you want to use (If you haven’t, read the directions to make one! You cannot use the one labelled as your Minecraft version, it will not work!)
- Open up the .jar file in something which can open jars, like WinRAR, 7zip, or WinZip
- IMPORTANT: Remove the META-INF folder if you haven’t yet
- Open up the .zip file OptiLeaves comes in, and drag and drop the class file in. Make sure you replace the minecraft’s original class file if it asks you to.
- Open up the Minecraft Launcher, select the profile you installed OptiLeaves to, and play! If you get any startup crashes, post the crash log in a reply to this thread. Be absolutely sure you’re using the correct OptiLeaves version for your Minecraft version, and that you deleted the META-INF folder.
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.
OptiLeaves Mod Download Links:
For 1.6.2: OptiLeaves-Mod-1.6.2.zip – 4 KB
For 1.6.4: OptiLeaves-Mod-1.6.4.zip – 4 KB