Open Glider Mod for Minecarft 1.12 Mods adds a hang glider to Minecraft, allowing you to soar through the skies and explore your world’s beauty.
Open Glider is the spiritual successor to Open Blocks’ hang glider. In addition, there have been some notable changes to make this mod fit alongside Vanilla’s Elytra. Most notably this is handled by wind, a concept explained more in detail in the section below. For now simply know that great care has been taken to ensure that the hang glider still has a place in the game without overshadowing Vanilla mechanics. Open Glider aims to provide an earlier game alternative of imperfect, scenic flight to contrast with the elytra’s nature of a fast and agile end-game flight method.
- A fluid flight motion and naturally immersive controls.
- A novel system of wind that you must combat to stay on course while in flight.
- The ability to deploy the glider and have it visually appear, both in first person and in third person view, as well as to other players if you are playing on a server.
- Aesthetically pleasing models and item sprites that change based on deployment.
- It is specifically coded to be efficient and computer friendly.
- Extremely configurable so that it can suit any playstyle.
- Wind, damage, distance traveled, visual effects, and the nuances of those are all configurable, and can even be easily done in-game via the mod options config GUI.
Advanced Hang Glider
For those of you who like the mechanics of flight as provided by this mod, there is now a late game option as well. The advanced hang glider’s crafting recipe contains an elytra (forcing you to choose between flight preferences, albeit temporarily) and is much faster, wind resistant, and durable than the normal variant.
How to install Open Glider Mod:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
Open Glider Mod Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.10.2: Open-Glider-Mod-1.10.2.jar – 108 KB
For Minecraft 1.11.2: Open-Glider-Mod-1.11.2.jar – 109 KB
For Minecraft 1.12: Open-Glider-Mod-1.12.jar – 106 KB