This mod makes villages more common and adds them to all 1.7 biomes. There is also a configuration file to change how rare villages are. By default, villages will spawn about 2-3x more than normal, but this can be adjusted to normal, extreme, or insane generation rates. Note that the new villages will only generate in new chunks, so you must either make a new world or explore further out.
How to install Mo’ Villages Mod by Pigs_FTW:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.
To change how commonly villages spawn:
- 1. Go into your .minecraft or minecraft folder
- 2. Go into the config folder and then MoVillages folder
- 3. Open VillageDistance.cfg with a text editor (Notepad or TextEdit)
- 4. Change the value according to the key (lower = more common, higher = less common)