Minecraft 1.8 official will be published in the launcher on Tuesday, September 2. These changes consist of both new features, and large game structure changes such as replacing the hard-coded “block renderer” with a system that is able to read block shapes from data files, or performance enhancements such as multi-threading the client-side chunk rendering.
The Bountiful Update.
Minecraft 1.8 Pre-Release 2 is now available and fixes the following issues:
- Crashes when populating a chunk with empty (void) columns
- Thrown splash potions have the colour of water
- Inverted Daylight Sensor doesn’t drop anything when mined
- Item frames do not work outside 524289 x -524288 coordinates
- Placing Redstone dust on certain other objects destroy the object
- Skin is using wrong model
- Cannot Summon Fireball/WitherSkull With/Without Direction (Unable To Summon Object)
- Crash: Command “Summon SmallFireball” on Mobs!
Minecraft 1.8 official will be published in the launcher on Tuesday, September 2.
Minecraft 1.8 Pre-Release 2 Download Links:
Cross-platform server jar: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/1.8-pre2/minecraft_server.1.8-pre2.jar
Cross-platform server windows exe: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/1.8-pre2/minecraft_server.1.8-pre2.exe