Have you ever felt like you have too many storage containers in your world? Do you spend countless minutes mashing your open-container button trying to find that diamond or wire or smidgen of food? Stop wasting your time and use Briman’s ItemSearch! When installed on a server, any clients who have this mod installed will be able to use the /search command to search containers around them in the world. Not playing on a server? It works in single-player too! Say you’re standing in your farm and have a bunch of chest containing various harvests. Just type /search wheat and you’ll get a nice indicator showing you exactly where you kept your wheat.
How to use:
- Command syntax: “/search <name|clear> [radius]”
- A clear can also be done with the command “/clear_search”
- The matching part of the name gets highlighted in red.
Can’t see that? You should put your things in a more reachable place.
This works on any block that can store items (unless it’s from a mod whose author doesn’t want you peeking into other users’ stuff!).
How to install Item Search Mod:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- Enjoy the mod.