Most Minecraft players have already stumbled over this problem: keeping something well-lit requires an extraordinary large amount of Torches or other light sources. The result is a scene jammed with those. As the title suggests, this mod adds light sources that can be completely hidden.
With the mod installed your house could look like this:
Invisible light sources
Visible light sources
This mod adds 1 Block and 2 Items, where the Items are the only relevant things.
- To place a light source: Right-click with the Light Rod. It will consume at least 1 Glowstone Dust from your inventory. If you have more, it will use 2 Glowstone Dust per light source.
- To toggle light source visibility: Shift-right-click with any Rod. A Sound will play and you will see / no longer see the light sources. When they are disabled they will act like air.
- To destroy a light source: Light sources need to be visible! Right-click (no Shift) on the Light Source using a Rod of Darkness.
How to install InvisibLights Mod:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.
InvisibLights Mod Download Links:
For 1.6.4: InvisibLights-Mod-1.6.4.zip – 12 KB
For 1.7.10: InvisibLights-Mod-1.7.10.jar – 543 KB