The Hostile Worlds mod adds in a new and very dangerous Dimension. Meteors can randomly strike down from the sky opening a portal that will spawn zombie invaders. You must travel into the dimension and kill the boss to grab his EPIC weapon which can close the portal!
Portal Invasions: Meteorites crash to the ground and create a portal leading to another dimension, monsters will start invading through it in waves until you find a way to close the portal.
Cave Invasions: Once the invaders have made their introduction via Meteorite, they will also be able to spawn in deep caves around you.
Adaption: It’s a sandbox world, so everything adapts to you and your friends active skill and ability level to always provide a challenging experience.
- Base difficulties: easy, normal, hard
- Adds more challenge based off of all players equipment, both averaging and adding difficulty based off of it
- Difficulty rises as more invasions come from the same source
- Difficulty effects invaders health, damage, and amount spawned
Zombie Miner: The leader, he can dig himself out of almost any situation and guide his army along the right path towards your base.
- Main Ability: Digs through obstacles
- Digs stairway paths upwards or downwards for other entities to use
- Keeps the area around him actively loaded to ensure hes always on the job (chunkloader tech)
- Other invaders follow him while working their way towards their target
Zombie Invader: The army, fast and deadly, these guys will clump up and throw themselves at you incase you think heights can keep you safe.
- Main Ability: Groups and stacks up over walls, can reach any height based on number of invaders
- Stacks up in open air, attempting to wrap around overhangs
Zombie Climber: M.I.A., last seen placing ladders helping other vanilla zombies get to hard to reach places.
- Currently not used, WIP
- Main Ability: Can climb anything, places ladders while doing it for everything else to follow
To eventually be a full fledged dimension with some terrifying generation. I’d like to work out an actual story behind all this, thinking their world (or worlds) are doomed to be destroyed by the giant world eaters. They worked out a way to send meteors out to place portals on other worlds, which they hope to call home one day.
- Has a multi staged boss battle, a bit of a suprise half way
- Gain the ability to weild particles through defeating the boss, and in the future, blocks
How to install Hostile Worlds Mod:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download and install CoroUtil.
- Download Hostile Worlds Mod.
- Extract the zip.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- Initial invasion trigger is time based for now, wait 3 minecraft days or type “/hw invasion start” in console.
- To close a portal, get a particle glove by making one or getting one by defeating the boss in the invaders dimension.
- Enjoy the mod.
Hostile Worlds Mod Download Links:
For 1.6.2: Hostile-Worlds-Mod-1.6.2.zip – 850 KB
For 1.6.4: Hostile-Worlds-Mod-1.6.4.zip – 1.4 MB
For 1.7.10: Hostile-Worlds-Mod-1.7.10.zip – 2.2 MB