Highlands aims to be a comprehensive improvement of Minecraft biomes, trees, and terrain. If you?ve ever felt bored exploring the world of Minecraft, this is your mod.
- 18 new biomes!
- 8 trees, all with their own wood, leaves and planks!
- 6 small plants!
- Custom world type and mountain generation!
- Fully compatible with customized world settings!
- Settings to disable biomes you don?t want!
- Biome rarity fix!
- Ore generation changes per biome!
- Forest generation based on height!
- Improvements to vanilla biomes!
- Adirondacks ? Tall mountains of dirt and exposed stone, with forested foothills.
- Alps ? Inhospitable mountains covered in deep snow, with pine forests in the valleys.
- Badlands ? Plateaus and valleys of clay and dirt.
- Bald Hill ? a tall treeless hill that provides a good lookout point over forests.
- Bamboo Forest ? a dense forest of thin bamboo plants.
- Dry Forest ? a low landscape covered in Aspen trees and shrubs.
- Grey Mountains ? Ominous rocky crags covered in boulders and gnarled plants. The forested valleys contain many dead trees.
- Highlands ? rolling hills covered in shrubs and flowering plants.
- Lake ? a small body of water that appears in many inland biomes. Poplar trees can grow on the shores.
- Lowlands ? Scattered lakes and low hills with stone and pine trees.
- Meadow ? An idyllic plain with poplar trees and many flowers.
- Mojave ? A dry semi-desert with red sand and Acacia trees.
- Pinelands ? Tall but weathered hills and mountains with pine trees and shrubs.
- Poplar Hills ? Lakes and hills covered in poplar trees.
- Redwood Forest ? A dense forest with fir and giant redwood trees, and a podzol floor.
- Tropical Hills ? Tall hills with a forest of Eucalyptus trees.
- Tropical Islands ? A player lost at sea might discover one of these palm tree covered islands.
Trees and Plants:
- Aspen ? A medium tree with light colored wood and autumn leaves.
- Bamboo ? A small tree with a very thin stem.
- Eucalyptus ? a tall straight tree that grows in the tropics.
- Fir ? A tall thin pine tree with dark wood.
- Palm ? A tropical palm tree.
- Poplar ? A small tree that grows straight and thin.
- Redwood ? A giant redwood tree that can grow to be more than 40 blocks tall.
- Dead ? An oak tree that has lost all of its leaves.
- Great Oak ? Oak trees can grow much more massive in the forests of Highlands.
- Shrubs ? pine and oak shrubs that grow low to the ground.
- Waterflower ? Small blue flowers on a dark stem.
- Cattail ? Reeds that grow in the swamps and wetlands.
- Cotton ? A bush with fluffy white tufts that can be spun into cloth.
- Blueberry Bush ? Wild blueberries that grow in hilly areas.
- Raspberry Bush ? Wild raspberries that grow in hilly areas.
- Lavender ? A purple flowering plant.
- Tropical Leaf Fern ? a fern-like plant with one big leaf.
- Thornbush ? A bush with prickly thorns.
How to install Highlands Mod by sdj64:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the ?mods? folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- Enjoy the mod.