The Halloween Mod adds several new items and blocks somehow relating to Halloween. Decorate your house with candles, candy bowls and getting yourself a pumpkin pet are some of the things you can do. It’s a quite small mod but it definitely adds on a more spooky feeling to Minecraft.
Future updates will include customes, trick-or-treaters and more decorations!
Item/Block IDs & Crafting Recipes
- Luminous Candle (211) – 1 string + 1 torch + wax
- Candy Bowl (190) – block appears when killing a spooky pumpkin
- Ominous Candle (212) – 1 string + 1 torch + 1 spooky wax
- Spooky Wax (701) – dropped by spooky pumpkins
- Wax (702) – put spooky wax in a furnace to get
- Pumpkin Pet Egg (703) – 1 luminous candle + 1 pumpkin
- Spooky Pumpkin Egg (704) – 1 torch + 1 pumpkin + 2 rotten flesh
To get a pumpkin pet you need one luminous candle and a pumpkin to craft the spawn egg. It can’t do many things besides walking around and just being a cute creature accompanying you. Just make sure you lock all the doors or keep it somewhere it can’t escape.
There are also two new types of cancles which you can use to decorate your house.
Type /hname <name> and then tap on the pet to give it a name.
The spooky pumpkin looks similar to the pumpkin pet besides its evil-looking eyes. If you’ve turned the difficulty to hard it will attack you. The spooky pumpkin needs to be spawned by you by using a crafted spawn egg.
Tap on a candy bowl to get some random items. Usually you will get some type of meat.