Forge ModLoader is a modification that provides extensive modding capabilities in Minecraft 1.7.2. FML is standalone modloader from Minecraft Forge which is lot similar to Risugami’s ModLoader but it works on both client and server sided, thus providing support for multi-player mods. Additionally, it allows you to install HD texture-packs right away. Now, ForgeModloader is now required by a lot of mods to provide feature-rich experiences to ever miner.
Forge ModLoader main features:
- Easy installation, doesn’t download extra files after first run
- Supports SSP, SMP modifications.
- Standalone version of Forge.
- HD Texture packs supported (without OptiFine)
To install the binary, unzip, put into minecraft.jar file. Deleting META-INF is strictly optional. To run a dedicated server put the fml universal binary in the same directory as minecraft_server.jar and then run java -jar <fml-universal-binary>.zip.
- Download the mod file.
- Extract the mod file.
- Open the “run” search bar and type “%appdata%”.
- Open .minecraft folder.
- Open up the minecraft.jar found in the bin folder using 7-zip of winrar.
- For servers, move the contents in the downloaded mod file into the minecraft_server.jar.
- For clients, move the contents in the downloaded mod file into the minecraft.jar.
- Delete META-INF.
For Minecraft 1.5.2
For Minecraft 1.6.2
For Minecraft 1.6.4
For Minecraft 1.7.2
For Minecraft 1.7.10
For Minecraft 1.8