DragonAPI is a function library and support mod which is relied upon by all of Reika’s mods. If you do not have the API, you will crash on game load with a NoClassDefFoundError mentioning DragonAPIMod.class.
Information for Developers:
If you are a developer, here are some of the features to using DragonAPI:
- A detailed registry of all the ores, trees, and similar features added by all the big mods
- A similar registry of vanilla ores, trees, plants, and the like
- Many base classes that can be used as the parent class for TileEntities, Containers, and so on, simplifying their use and making them more powerful
- Interfaces that allow you to make mod item and block registration completely automated
- Functionality to use the pre-1.5 spritesheet textures for items (not blocks)
- Large libraries of scientific and mathematical functions and constants, such as materials engineering, thermodynamics calculations, kinematics, nuclear physics, vector calculations, and more
- Various support functions for interfacing with and converting between different Java data structures
- Lots of File I/O handling, including PNG, XML, and plaintext
- A large collection of functions for handling less coder-friendly elements of Minecraft, like enchanting and spawners
- Many preset references to avoid having to create new Itemstacks to get specific wood/slab/dye/etc types
- Lots of keyboard, sound, texture, and chat handling
- Various handlers for many mods, including BuildCraft, ThaumCraft, and the Twilight Forest
- Various tools for storing data, like a region of a world, or a series of timers, rendering data, multiblock blueprints, and more
How to install DragonAPI:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.
DragonAPI Download Links:
For 1.6.4: DragonAPI-1.6.4.zip – 1.2 MB
For 1.7.10: DragonAPI-1.7.10.jar – 1.3 MB