The Companion mod is a Minecraft mod that simply adds a Companion into your game.
- There is a version checker, if the mod update, the game will let you know.
- You can Hire the Companion, by right-clicking on them. A gui will appear and you can choose use two ways of hiring him.
- Either you give him gold, as he asked for. Or when you have a Scroll, you can get a free Companion.
- This is created by placing three leather and some gold int he crafting bench. This is a shapeless recipe. You can add gold to it, as much as you want.
- The Companion has 10 healthpoints when not Hired and 20 when Hired.
- He has Hunger and Saturation, He needs to eat in order to survive. When you give him food, he will eat it and heal over time, not just heal.
- He can wield a Sword and wear Armor.
- When you are attacked or when you attack a mob, he will go after it.
- He will eat by himself if he has food in his inventory.
- When pressing ‘C’ on your keyboard, can be changed, a menu will pop up. You can only press the ‘change HUD position’ button. you can see a see trough man a white square. you can drag the square to where ever you want the Companion HUD to be.
New HUD for the Companion. Now with Armor details and a xp/level bar.
When a Companion “sits” or “stays”, this is the stance he takes when holding a sword.
You can place the HUD for the Companion anywhere you like.
Example of the Changed HUD
Example of the Changed HUD
Inventory of the Companion. Armor, sword and 4 inventory slots.
The conversation when you have a scroll in your inventory.
Place the right amount of gold ingots, gold blocks (divided by 9) or a bag of gold.
The conversation if you do not have a scroll on you.
A Bag of Gold, made with 3 leather and some gold. all gold added to the bag will add a gold to the bag.
A scroll and a creative item to spawn Companion XP into the world.
Older Information: (For Minecraft 1.7.10)
If you find a Companion in the forest, plains or roofed forest, use gold ingots to hire these guys. They can be found with level 0 up to level 10. Higher level needs more gold. The companion can be used to battle with you, fight with you till the end of days. You can give him a Backpack for a portable storage featuring a leather, iron and diamond backpack. Be aware, you can craft the leahter backpack, but the others can only be found in dungeon chests (caves, piramide, jungle). Use a Little Oven to turn your companion into a walking furnace.
- If you give the Companion a pickaxe, it will mine for you. It places torches for you in caves. and when his inventory is full, it drops it in a chest at your base.
- If you give the Companion an axe, it will chop wood for you. and when his inventory is full, it drops it in a chest at your base.
- If you give the Companion a hoe, it will farm some land for you. it will get the crops when the fully grow and put those in a chest at your base.
- The companion can give you quests to do stuff and it will reward you with (unknown)
How to install Companions Mod:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- Enjoy the mod.
Companions Mod Download Links:
For 1.7.10: Companions-Mod-1.7.10.jar – 266 KB
For 1.8: Companions-Mod-1.8.jar – 414 KB