A clientside-only, highly configurable isometric 3D mini-map with a twist, it only tracks the blocks you’ve stepped on. Has waypoint support and multiple map types. However, the mod is optimized for mainly Blocksteps map type. This was an experiment turned mini-map. It may not have the best performance but the community voted it into existence. Also, if you return to somewhere from far away (eg, another dimension) the map might look like a mess, hit the SHIFT + (Switch Map Mode/Rerender) key to refresh the map.
How to install Blocksteps Mod:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download and install iChun Util Mod.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- Enjoy the mod.
Blocksteps Mod Download Link:
For 1.8: Blocksteps-Mod-1.8.jar – 119 KB