Have you found that you are standing over a command block with only a snowball? Or “Man if only I had something else to create my spells with…”. Basic Elements Mod is the best answer for Minecraft players.
This mod is not like creating spells. Therefore, you will feel excited about what is crafted. In this mod, you will find 7 spell orbs. All of them are found in “The Basic Elements” creative tab.
The Orbs include the 4 basic elements: Water, Earth, Fire, Air. There are some adding orbs like the Nether Orb and 2 creative orbs: Creative and Invisible Orb respectively. You should know there is a leaping fire orb summon entity. Each orb can be thrown like a snowball. They are very accurate and have a smooth flight path.
Orbs have the following combat mechanics:
- Puts space between you and your enemy.
- Sprint towards an enemy, jump, then hit them in the face with one of these to perform a double jump over them.
- Flies the furthest of all the orbs.
- Flies straight when thrown as if gravity had no affect.
- On impact it will catch entities on fire. If no impact is made, the Fire Orb will decelerate, then explode.
- Has a lifetime of 105 ticks. If this hits a block it will “fail” making a nice little “plop” noise along with some particles.
- That doesn’t go to say it doesn’t damage blocks though. Only ignites creepers and explodes if it is not wet.
- Carries the Fuse and ExplosionPower NBT tags. For more details of how the NBTs work for this read, “Leaping Fire Orb”.
- Hard to throw and landing fast.
- The Earth Orb does standard base damage to things it hits.
- Does a nice/fair amount of damage to the following:
- Magma Cube
- Lobs through the air, going a bit further than the earth orb.
- If an entity hit with this is on fire, this will extinguish the entity.
- Also does minute damage to Slimes.
- Travels through things, like walls, and entities.
- If you find yourself in a situation of needing crowd control or hitting something from the other side of the wall,
- this is it.
- -Flies almost as far as the air orb. (“If the specific gravity is greater than 1 the gas is heavier than air and the vapor will be found low;”)
- -As it requires a diamond pickaxe to be able to craft one of these, and
they are single use, these do just a little more damage than a diamond
- Does a base damage of 3 to entities, can be customized with textures, particles, and things like that to create your own spell to fling around. assets –> guru –> textures –> entity –> invisible_orb
- .png must be named invisible_orb (case sensitive).
- Standard flight path entity.
- Can also be executed underneath an entity with a repeating command block to add upward lift.
- Does not originally damage players.
- Supports the same NBT tags as Fireworks. Is also invisible.
- Will exist where the player initially threw it for a very short period of time when thrown. (Is stationary when thrown).
- This is more like a detonation device, a flash exist entity for execute commands, or maybe something for beefy arrow trails. Good for volcanoes too.
- No pew noise.
Leaping Fire Orb:
- Being a summon only entity, there is no item for this one. It is mainly for makings of creative fiery things.
- The way this entity flies is more like a snowball or arrow, in the way that if it goes up, it goes down. So, summoning it with the motion NBT tag will allow you to summon a fireball that’s not stuck going in one direction.
- These have explosive and fire damage that affect entities but not blocks: Fire orbs are visible at night, and in water; Can ignite creepers only if it is not raining.
How to install Basic Elements Mod:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.
Basic Elements Mod Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.8.9: The Basic Elements 1.2.4-1.8.9.jar – 77 KB
For Minecraft 1.9: The Basic Elements 1.3.1.jar – 100 KB
For Minecraft 1.9.4: The Basic Elements 1.3.15-1.9.4.jar – 100 KB
For Minecraft 1.10.2: thebasicelements-1.4.2-1.10.2.jar – 116 KB