About Backpacks Mod:
This is a rewrite of MigthyPorks Backpack Mod. Unfortunately he no longer supports this mod. But he put all his code to the net so others can resurrect it.
This is nearly a 100% rewrite of the old mod because the old code was extremely dirty and this is a version for Minecraft Forge.
Backpacks Mod Recipes:
You craft a backpack like a chest but with leather instead of wood. For a big backpack use tanned leather instead of normal leather.
Backpacks have 27 slots (chest size)
Big backpacks have 54 slots (double chest size)
You can also craft a colored backpack if you put any dye in the middle:
Ender backpack (was Magic backpack before):
Last but not least you can craft an ender backpack (like magic backpack before) which is a portable ender chest which shares its content with the ender chest. You craft it with an ender chest:
You can recolor backpacks by using a dye or the corresponding leather:
You can upgrade any backpack, except the ender backpack, to a big backpack by putting tanned leather around it:
You can make bound leather with two leather in the middle outer slots and strings in all other slots:
You can burn bound leather in a furnance to get tanned leather. One coal is enough for 8 tanned leather.
How to use them:
- Simple hold a backpack in your hand an right click to open it.
- If you want to rename it sneak and right click. You can enter a new name then.
- Rewrite of most of the code for 1.7 to have a cleaner basis for upcomming features.
- New save mechanic (no duplicates, no losses, …)
- Fixed the NEI Support that was broken for quite some time
- Added support for VersionChecker
Backpacks Mod Video:
How to install Backpacks Mod for Minecraft:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.
Backpacks Mod Download Links:
For 1.6.x: Backpacks-Mod-1.6.4
For 1.7.2: Backpacks-Mod-1.7.2
For 1.7.10: Backpacks-Mod-1.7.10
For 1.8: Backpacks-Mod-1.8
For 1.8.8: Backpacks-Mod-1.8.8.jar – 185 KB
For 1.8.9: Backpacks-Mod-1.8.9.jar – 202 KB
For 1.9.4: Backpacks-Mod-1.9.4.jar – 202 KB
For 1.10.2: Backpacks-Mod-1.10.2.jar – 202 KB