Healer’s purpose is to well.. heal. The Caster is the offensive spell casting mage which uses light based spells to destroy undead. The Defender is your tank, they get a dodge mechanic where attacks have a chance to not land at all on them. Defenders also get benefits while having a shield equipped.
Experience, Leveling, and Decay:
Every time you use an Ability or Spell you can gain some experience. This experience is only granted if spells are being used as intended. After you collect a certain amount of experience you will Level Up. Every Time you Level Up you gain a single Skill Point which you can use to spend on new Skills within your Class Tree.
The amount of Experience you gain can decay if the ability or spell you used is spammed. This decay is ability/spell specific so say you spam one ability, this means that decay will not apply to another. Each tick of decay will vanish after 30 seconds.
It should be noted that unlike the Caster and Healer, Defenders gain experience through using a shield to block, landing any doublestrikes, and getting a successful dodge.
Setting and Casting Spells:
Open up the Skills GUI by right clicking on the Angelic Statue, from here go to your Spell Book and click on which spells you want on your hotbar. You can remove spells from the hotbar by clicking on the slots of the bar.
Once you have your spells set you can cast them in world by activating your spell hotbar via Left Alt (Default, this can be changed in Controls), selecting your spell, then Right Clicking.
Resetting your Skills:
Open up the Skills GUI by right clicking on the Angelic Statue, head to Reset Skills. From here you have two options.
- Minor Reset: This resets your spent points except your very first one and gives you the points back to respec your chosen tree. You do NOT have to regain your points with this method although you cannot change classes.
- Full Reset: This completely takes you back to one single point before you chose a class. This allows you to switch to a different class if you like but you MUST regain all of your points.
Casting spells uses a charges system, each spell has their very own amount of Charges which can be increased by skills. Every time you cast a spell that uses this system it will drain an amount of charges, depending on the spell this can vary. Charges are reset when you interact with an Angelic Statue.
Spell Damage is calculated by taking its base damage and multiplying it against (1 + (SpellPower / 100))
When you are attacked by certain damage types there is a chance you will not be hit by the attack, this chance is your total amount of Dodge. Dodge can be increased by skills and spells.
You have a chance to strike enemies twice, this chance is the amount of DoubleStrike you have. This chance can be increased by skills and spells.
How to install Angel of Vengeance Mod:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge and TamModized.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
Angel of Vengeance Mod Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.10.2: Angel-of-Vengeance-Mod-1.10.2.jar – 704 KB
For Minecraft 1.11.2: Angel-of-Vengeance-Mod-1.11.2.jar – 705 KB