Ancient Warfare is a modification for Minecraft that adds a variety of game enhancements; new blocks, new entities, and a template based world-generation structure generator.
Ancient Warfare has been split into a multi-module release. There is a single Core module that all other modules rely on for shared functionality. Each other module may be installed individually, or in any other combination desired. The non-core modules are – Automation, NPCs, Structure Generation, and Vehicles. Each of these modules focuses on a single aspect of the mod.
- Core Module: Adds core functionality and shared code needed by all other modules.
- Structure Module: Adds template based structure generation during World Gen. Includes in-game tools for creation of new templates, as well as a few tools to aid in map creation in general.
- Automation Module: Includes machines to automate crop farming, tree farming, misc resource farming (mushroom, reed, cactus), animal farming, mining, and resource processing (ores). Also includes a full featured MJ and RF compatible energy transport network.
- NPC Module: Adds Player recruitable NPC for combat and utility purposes. Multiple varieties of combat NPC are available (melee, ranged, medic, others), as well as several varieties of non-combat/utility NPCs (worker, item courier, barterer/trader).
- Forge/FML based mod, for greater mod compatibility.
- Open source. Source will be available for view/download/contributions.
- Supports localizations.
- Built in team system for PVP support.
- NEI Plugin available.
- Integrated BuildCraft support.
- Most vehicle/npc/ammunition stats customizable through config files.
- User configurable world-gen settings.
- User driven structure system, add/edit/modify structures to suit your liking.
- 100+ vehicle types currently available
- 50+ Ammo types (everything from pebbles to rockets)
- Land, Sea, and Air vehicles are available
- Varying ranks of vehicle for different performance levels on the same model
- Vehicles have unique stats and use different ammo types
- Multiple ammo types available per-vehicle
- Special-Function Vehicles are available (item transport, battering ram)
- Server-based movement system for reliable and predictable motion handling.
- Much improved aim system including mouse-look based aim.
- Much improved aim of NPCs while on vehicles using new trajectory system.
- Custom path-finding engine to more fully accommodate mod-blocks and ladders.
- Custom AI System — Fuzzy logic priority based system
- Custom Targeting System — MMORPG derived ‘threat list’ based targeting system
- Configurable AI Targeting — Select the targets for any/all NPCs through config file
- Configurable Entity Aggro Settings — Select the targets that will become aggro versus NPCs via config
- Combat and civilian NPCs are available
- Food based Upkeep system provides a ‘fuel’ balance mechanism (values configurable via config file)
- Courier NPC provides an alternative to tube networks for item and inventory manipulation.
- Configurable performance options in config file
- 40+ NPC types currently available
- 60+ Research goals currently.
- Research is required to unlock crafting for most items in Ancient Warfare
- Researcher NPC available to aid in automating your researching.
Civics System (logistics and automation)
- Resource gathering system for most resources (mining, vanilla farming and breedable animals, vanilla tree types)
- Bulk storage available through the Warehouse Civic multiblock structure.
- Most civics require NPCs to work at them in order to function
- Fully supports sided inventories for automation and interface with other mods
- Extra machines to aid in automation
- Fully support sided inventories with rotation, where applicable
- Multiple specialized crafting stations
- Crafting can be fully automated with the use of NPCs
- Sided inventory support
- 15 user configurable teams and 1 default team for new players
- Teams have a rank and admin system available
- Always-accessible in-game GUI for viewing team members/ranks and admin control for team admins
- Team alliances are available
- Team system is integrated into vehicles, NPCs, gates, civics, and crafting as a authorization system
- Team system is integrated into NPC AI aggro and targeting
- Template based structure generation for both world-gen and in-game use.
- Scan in-game structures and export them to a ready-to-use template.
- Copy your favorite vanilla redstone designs to easily share with others
- Supports scanning of some vanilla entities as well as all Ancient Warfare entity types (vehicles, NPCs, gates
- Advanced template options to support dynamic block selection (e.g. change on biome, randomly, select from list)
- User-configurable structure world-gen — add your own templates, or edit the included default ones to suit your own vision.
- Configurable world-gen site-validation parameters — ensure the buildings fit into the landscape exactly as you want.
- Full vanilla block support, including rotation
- Supports mod-blocks for any ‘normal’ block types, but does not support rotation. Custom mod-block rotation mapping is being investigated.
- Supports scanning of some vanilla entities as well as all Ancient Warfare entity types (vehicles, npcs, gates
- Construct buildings from templates in survival mode with the aid of NPCs
- Reinforced versions of vanilla construction blocks that help protect your fortresses during a siege.
- Explosion resistant — requires multiple TNT sized explosions to destroy
- Variable harvest time — enemy team players harvest blocks as if they were obsidian, friendly players harvest as if they were stone brick
Siege Engines, Structures. (Iron gates and bridges not shown)
How to install Ancient Warfare Mod:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Click on the Start Menu in Windows.
- Type run into the search box, and select the Run program at the top of the results.
- Type %appdata% into the Run program, and press Enter.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.
Ancient Warfare Mod Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.6.4: Ancient-Warfare-Mod-1.6.4.zip – 3.2 MB
For Minecraft 1.7.10: Ancient-Warfare-Mod-1.7.10.jar – 9.2 MB